Progress so far
Progress of the project is moving quickly and works are well under way within the building itself, with rooms soon becoming ready for furniture on the second floor. More rooms will be released for furniture installation as we work down and out of the build.
Internal partitions are now installed throughout the build itself with the ground floor ASC area being the last area to complete. The mechanical installation contractor has made good progress with the first fix M&E installation and will soon be ready to start the second fix.
Painting has begun on the second floor with the painting sub-contractor applying a white mist coat ready for further decorations down the line. All the windows have been installed, with 90% of the external doors fitted.
The blockwork around the build is going up nicely and we’ve started to complete areas up to the first floor level and we’re continuing higher up. Scaffold has started to come down in areas where we’ve completed the blockwork on the lower levels, so we can now start to see what the finished product looks like.
External works have begun by digging out the existing ground and stoning up to the east side of the build ready for the installation of the service road. Mains services such as gas and water are being installed this week and mains electric is now in the building so we’ll be up and ‘live’ – meaning we can begin testing within the build and get it ready for use when the new school opens.
All sub-contractors on site have been working extremely hard to get the project to where it is to date, and we hope that this hard work continues through the winter months so that the new school is ready for the teachers, parents and pupils to enjoy near the start of the new year.
Over the next two weeks
- We’ll be installing the gas and water main supply to the building
- Blockwork will be continuing up to the higher levels of the build
- Internal partition walls will be finished along the ground floor with taping and filling being done throughout ready for a painted decoration
- The ground floor screed will be installed in the early weeks of November
- Ceiling grids to the second floor will be complete along with the first floor continuing through and onto the ground floor
- M&E works will be ongoing on the first fix installation and soon will be ready for second fixing
- Flooring and room finishes will soon start to be installed along with internal doors and furniture to the second floor
A huge well done to our Gary Kemp, Richard Hoe, and Jo Standley-Taylor for completing their 20 mile walk around Hull. Their route visited the schools and centres we’ve built in order to raise money for a defibrillator within the new school.